Pages

Sunday 1 August 2010

Sarah's Law - UK Roll Out

Here's the Article

And here are my concerns.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest that stranger sex attackers are far rarer than those within the family already. There are also potential dangers in all walks of life - a law like this not only creates vigilantism, but also takes the responsibility away from parents to teach their child against dangers in sensible ways - it simply alienates the offenders, which sounds like a good idea, but it's not. This register won't stop paedophilia from continuing, people will just become increasingly manipulative and underground, and with identity theft - who knows how this will affect this particular area or serious crime.

I would think it's better to open up the topic, educate our children, and do what we can to avoid total paranoia. I've encountered paedophilia when I've been out with my 2yr old daughter - it's clearly around us in our daily routines, but reasonable precautions are set in place so I don't live my life worrying about weirdoes hanging around street corners.

What could I do about them anyway - start a war?  And the point of that would be..?

No comments:

Post a Comment